Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Randomness of time...

27 on the 17th and although the latter number of both figures might resemble a cane, I don’t feel a day older than I did at 23…what does that mean? I don’t have a clue. I will say that it occurred to me the day after, as it had in so many birthdays passing, the day doesn’t seem to stop. In fact, there is no discontinuity in days approaching to the celebratory day nor of its epilogue, rather ironically a timelessness that perpetuates itself within a measurement that we’ve constructed to fit our lives—Note: is a clock with its minutes, hours and days more apt to our ecology than the moon with its shades, cycles, and orbs? What pulls us closer; the swing of a pendulum or the gravitational embrace of our night goddess? I’ll let the ebbs and tides ink their response with the surging clarity of calamity if one should ever suspect their script. The tide is faithful in its flow and receding nature. Pendulums are nothing more than a phallic representation of man’s pride swinging up and down, aroused and impotent, symbolized by a long slender device we initiate with p. Is it not obvious that when we must adjust the second month of our fabricated year in every year divisible by 4 excluding centenary years not divisible by 400 that we might be in contention with our biological father, Time?

September speeds away rushing in childish ghosts that become turkeys, then 12 days followed by some partridge in a plastic pine tree with an angel on top then, before doing it all over again, making vows to better our lives by some measurable means. 27 is divisible by 9 which is, in months, a full term pregnancy and the laborious number for most pedagogues. I will skip along my path with all the randomness of an opted perch for the portent pigeon in her preferred parameter; not unlike a partial winning lottery ticket.

At 27 I watch IFC (Independent Film Channel), read more than I did in any educational institution, and soak myself in the lyrical genius of musicians worldwide. I breathe the candied air of life without the 3 things society deems most important in a stable life; insurance, investments/financial security, and a stable occupation. I do nourish the 3 things that I feel are most important; love, consciousness, and insatiable curiosity. I can’t say that I foresaw myself here at any point in my life, which makes it all the sweeter.

…and the gait is full-swing…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Murray! Hope you had a great birthday! You keep me so entertained on here!! I've moved back to Colorado and started new adventures in The Springs. Talk later.

6:37 PM  
Blogger 407-LFC-FANS said...

Hey Murray! I have now become a blogger man! I went ahead and signed up! I will add you, if you can do that. I will see how this works! It's been myspace for me, but lemme see. Clap Your Hands was great and I will let you know everything. We hope we see you soon!
B+V!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here it is!!! Finally RIGHT?

Quick comment on the three things society deems important and what you feel is most important. That statement jump out at me and my first thought was wow he's right, and what you value is a far greater achievement than most people will ever make. That's why you are such a FABULOUS person!

On another note when are you leaving Atlanta? I might be coming there in mid Nov. Let me know. Hope all is well.

Cassie

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home