Thursday, December 28, 2006

Jesus 2 General...

In my "younger" years I was CONSTANTLY told I looked like George Michael...then it was Kurt Warner, then it was a number of other complete misnomers. Then it started to get better...I mean I went from Gay George to Jumpin Jesus...singing "Jesus to a Child" to breaker of bread and maker of wine! I've heard it all man...you look like: Tom Cruise (The Last Samurai), Lorenzo Lamas (Renegade), Sylvester Stalone, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...but finally it's been too much. Too many people signing the cross when I board the bus, and to much whispering, and mostly, too much damn hair to "care" for and rip outta my skull after it's been tangled. So i took my head of hair--the hair that had accumulated after more than a year of untouched, untrimmed, but certainly not unnoticed growth--and went to Jonny the barber...the only non-gay, non-shemale/ladyboy haircutter around Cebu City. In hindsight, it might've been better to put up with the fondling and frolicking Terry might have entertained, cuz Jonny only knew one cut.

Me after 12+months of hair growth n' Jonny

So I entered the "salon" holy and left helpless, from bread and wine to dehydrated food and water, from healing prophet to dealing puppet, from jesus to a general damnit.

It was getting to be something else though...I really couldn't believe that my shadow was actually mine; it's the weirdest thing, but I still didn't feel like that dark figure following me with all the swaying about his head could possibly be me. Now I look in the glass and am terrified that I might salute myself.




Things not uncommon in Philippines:

--Anyone to start singing at the top of their lungs in this internet cafe right beside me...NOW! Though it's happened in 4 outta 10 inet cafes...clearly they know they're doing it...right???

--A girl to be sent from mindanao to anywhere in the cities to "work" for her family by selling her "services" to foreign and local men. Age starting from 12...and THAT'S no shit!

--A jeepney to be held-up by gunned men asking for the money of all the passengers...thankfully, I have no personal stories to recount here.

Recent Events:

--A boy lit some fireworks around a mall in the central Philippines and it torched the place killing 26 people. Lawsuits following for selling illegal fireworks, etc.

--I visited the deepest, darkest of life's corners in a philippino slum abound with prostitutes, junkies, paedophiles, sodomites, and everything that wipes there excrement from the bowels of city survival, centered around a basketball court. There is NO way I will post what my being witnessed online.

--An earthquake shook up the telephone wires around Taiwan causing serious "disturbances" to all inet service providers and telephone companies...ohh no, the world almost stopped :P

Personal Profile: Michael, a 45 year old from Vegas, married to a beautiful Philippina wife who took me out on the town. Michael told of stories of his "friends"...and again I just can't write this down here. I just read today about one of them in the paper though, not a "dedicated citizen" op-ed piece by any means. Michael called me a purist and said eventually I'd break down the brainwashing that the media and the west had employed...I told michael he was crazy! Then I politely wished the hooker a good evening and found my bed comfy, soft, and unoccupied. Dream sweet dreams...


Reads: "Candide" Voltaire; classic satire that provides good relief from more serious lit.

Music: One song to definately check out (if not the artist, obviously) is Pablo...Loser Crew; it's a great track that has a shaky voice akin to Dylan or better, Shanon Hoon (Blind Melon) over a Beta Band loop...and it makes you bop your head with a 'hell yeah' attitude. Go get it!

Hope you're all celebrating like rabbits mating; like no one's waiting. Shake it and stake it like it's underrated!
Happy 007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home