Saturday, December 16, 2006

MusiK Konfused it...

I can't help myself; did some research on a rainy day and only demand...go get Okkervil River! One should always share the good stuff; the stuff that reaches him, the stuff that nourishes, the stuff that never seems2gives enuf.

If you need a place to start...first "For Real", then "Black", then for some slower more poetic listening pleasure (which I assure you it DOES provide) go for "The War Criminal Rises and Speaks" and "It Ends with a Fall". However, I beseech you to not stop there.

And after you are overwhelmed with the greatness of his gift, read the bio to get a glimpse of his crazed brilliance, not Newton, not Einstein, but not far off either.

Too many air-con frosty accomodations, seedy shacks, and sordid streets led to a 30 hour hold-up in the city of Bacolod--fortunately, I found a very accomodating place for less than $3US/nt which put my conscience at ease. Also, I miraculously found some pumpkin soup that made my tummy lub me and my mind fine in kind. Unfortunately, I was unable to climb around the parks that I had intended and instead have pushed on to the lovely city of Dumaguete.

Conversations of Sort:

Country--Philippines; Island & Province--Negros; Region--Negros Occidental; City--Bacolod

--->Down the dark alley that leads to my pension house,
a kid (9yrs) is pedalling a bike way too big for his frame<---
He is in front of me, and he turns his head back, while he throws all his weight to one pedal and says to me, "I'm soooo little and you're so tall; it's not fair". I encouraged him that in less than 10 years he'll be well over my stature to which he responds, "...just 10 years!" like he's been given another 15 kilos to spread between the pedals..."yep buddy, just 10 more years."

Not 3 minutes later <> a couple she-males approach me and ask all the silly questions that disclose their disguise. Kay (must be K. for Karl or worse, Kwik-Lube) and Eenie (could it be, the size of pee-pee that turned him she-she?) were both from Manila and followed me till we arrived 100ft. from my lodge. Kay says to me in that flamin' fABulous tone, "It's your last night in Bacolod. You should have some fun! I know a lot of friends. RU tired? Why don't you come out and live it up?!? You really should have some fun...I'm a fighter ya know!!?!!"

To which I responded, "Yeah...I bet you are K; I'm bet you are..."
.........and a good night to all the Konfused Kays..........

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely music...downloading some...
Thanks for the e-mail!!!
This will give you an idea of how far I've fallen behind...
Catching up right now though..

Happy new year!!!
Love ya

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home